1 packet Carême Vanilla Bean Sweet
3 egg yolks
180g caster sugar
1 tbs cornflour
Cinnamon, powdered, to sprinkle
Crème fraiche, optional
Poached fruits, optional
1. Pre-heat Oven on Intensive Bake at 160°C with a baking tray positioned on shelf position 1.
2. Line a 3cm deep, 24cm loose bottom tart tin with the shortcrust pastry. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until combined. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a pouring jug.
4. Place tart tin into the Oven on the pre-heated baking tray. With the door open, gently pour the filling into the pastry case.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the tart has set with a slight wobble.
6. Change function to Bottom Heat at 190°C and bake for a further 10 minutes.
1. Remove from the Oven and place tart onto a wire cake rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon while still warm and leave to cool until completely set.
2. Remove from the tin and slice into equal portions with a sharp knife.
Hints and tips
• Carême pastry can be purchased from speciality grocers and supermarkets.