250g wholemeal plain flour
250g bakers flour
14g instant dried yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
300ml warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer with a dough hook attached.
- Run on low speed until the dough becomes smooth and elastic (around 2 minutes).
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times to form a ball.
- Divide dough and form into two 35cm long baguettes and place on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Dust lightly with flour, then using a sharp knife, cut several diagonal slashes into the tops of the baguettes.
- Select: Automatic > Bread > Baguettes and follow the prompts on screen.
- H 6000 Ovens produce very accurate browning, so choose the browning level that best suits your requirements.
- If you are making this bread by hand, you will need to continue kneading for around 10 minutes.
- For a herb and garlic variation, add 1 clove of crushed garlic and 4 tablespoons of soft chopped herbs to the mix after mixing is completed and mix until well combined.