125 g unsalted butter, diced, softened
220 g brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla paste
110 g plain flour, sifted
80 g self-raising flour, sifted
2 ½ tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
100 g Callebaut dark chocolate callets
100 g Callabaut milk chocolate callets
100 g Callabaut white chocolate callets
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 160⁰C.
- In the bowl of a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla paste on high speed until smooth and slightly pale.
- Beat in the egg until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine sifted flours, Dutch cocoa and chocolate callets.
- Add to the freestanding mixer bowl, combine all ingredients on low speed, until a dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into 15 g balls and place onto baking trays, allowing approximately 6 cm between each dough ball.
- Place into the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 12 minutes until just set on top.
- Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Hints and tips:
- Callabaut is a good quality chocolate which can be purchased at specialist stores.
- An alternative good quality chocolate can be substituted for Callabaut.