50g caster sugar
400g green beans, stalk trimmed
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fish sauce
¼ cup rice wine
6 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
Murray River Sea Salt
1. Place green beans in a perforated steam tray.
2. Steam beans for 1 minute at 100°C. Plunge into iced water to stop the cooking process.
3. Drain on paper towel.
4. Place the oil in a large pan on high heat, Induction setting 9, until hot.
5. Fry the green beans in oil until they colour. Remove from the pan and place back on the
6. Add the sugar by sprinkling over the base of the pan. Cook for 1 minute.
7. Add fish sauce, rice wine, garlic and a good pinch of salt. Take care as the oil will be
very hot and will spit when the liquids are added.
8. Cook until the sauce has reduced by ½, then add the green beans and mix through the
sauce prior to serving.
9. Taste and season with more salt if necessary. Serve warm.
• Snow peas can be substituted for green beans.