½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed with mortar and pestle
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbs pine nuts
4 spring onions, white and light green, thinly sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs currants
2 tsp sesame oil
24 fresh scallops, in the shell
Micro coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- In a food processor add the cauliflower florets and blitz until fine.
- Place the pine nuts on a universal tray and toast in the oven on shelf position 2 for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat, Induction setting 6. Add the spices and toast for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, spring onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender and slightly golden.
- Roughly chop the pine nuts and combine with currants, lemon juice and zest, sesame oil and cauliflower mixture.
- Place the scallops in a perforated steam container and Steam at 85°C for 2 minutes.
- Serve the scallops in the shell and top with the cauliflower mixture and micro coriander.