½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed with
mortar and pestle
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbs pine nuts
4 spring onions, white and light
green, thinly sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs currants
2 tsp sesame oil
24 fresh scallops, in the shell
Micro coriander to serve
1. Pre-heat the Oven to Fan Plus at 160°C.
2. In a food processor add the cauliflower florets and blitz until fine.
3. Place the pine nuts on a Multi-purpose tray and toast in the Oven on shelf position
2 for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
4. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat, Induction setting 6. Add the spices
and toast for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, spring onion and sauté
for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender and slightly golden.
5. Roughly chop the pine nuts and combine with currants, lemon juice and zest, sesame oil
and cauliflower mixture.
6. Place the scallops on a Perforated steam tray. Steam at 85°C for 2 minutes.
7. Serve the scallops in the shell and top with the cauliflower mixture and micro coriander.