300g purple Sapphire or purple
4 fresh, free range, eggs
2 salmon fillets (approximately 150g each fillet)
150g green beans, trimmed
2 baby cos lettuce, outside leaves removed and cut into halves
Small handful basil leaves
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 handful black olives, pitted
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm rounds.
- Place the potatoes in the steam oven and steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the eggs into the steam oven, making sure to leave the potatoes to continue to cook, steam for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the salmon into the steam oven and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the green beans to the steam oven and steam for a further 2 minutes.
- All items should be in the steam oven, and as a result the potatoes would have steamed for just over 10 minutes and should be tender
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Peel and quarter the eggs, flake the salmon then add the lettuce, potatoes, beans, olives and tomatoes to the dressing.
- Toss the bowl to coat all the ingredients with the dressing.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls and top with the quartered egg and flaked salmon.
Hints and Tips
- Salmon is a great source of protein and is also rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Can be made ahead of time and packed into containers for lunches.
- As an alternative, substitute salmon for tofu or a can of tuna.
- If you’ve had a big training session, bump up the carbohydrates by adding in an extra potato or having a piece of wholegrain bread on the side.