300ml thickened cream
8 medium egg yolks (approximately 150g)
75g caster sugar
1½ teaspoon rosewater
1½ teaspoon orange blossom
250g strawberries, hulled, halved
1 teaspoon orange blossom
1 teaspoon caster sugar
40g pistachio kernels, roasted, coarsely chopped
1. Place strawberries in a vacuum sealing bag with orange blossom and sugar.
2.Place into the Vacuum Sealing Drawer and vacuum
on setting 3 and seal on setting 3. Leave for a few hours to macerate.
1. Combine the cream and milk and mix well in a solid steam tray. Place the dish into the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C
for 3 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar until slightly pale and add the rosewater and orange blossom. Pour the warm cream mixture over the egg yolks and combine well. Strain mixture into a jug.
3. Place ramekins onto a perforated steam tray.
4. Pour the custard into ramekins, dividing evenly and cover tightly with baking paper and foil.
5. Steam custard at 90°C for 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
1. Remove strawberries from the vacuum sealing bag. Top each custard with the strawberries and garnish with chopped pistachio nuts.
Hints and tips
• Alternatively, strawberries can be steamed at 100°C for 3-4 minutes.
• Custard can also be cooked in a Steam Combination Oven. Select: Conventional at 110°C + 20 minutes + 60% moisture.
• Pistachios can be roasted on Fan Plus at 160°C for 10-15 minutes, allow to cool and chop roughly.