4 large field mushrooms (approximately 480 g)
1 red onion, thickly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon thyme leaves
2 tbsp rosemary leaves
Salt flakes and pepper to taste
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
⅓ cup roughly chopped parsley leaves
80 g (⅓ cup) whole egg mayonnaise or cream
- Preheat the oven on Fan Grill at 200°C.
- Place the mushrooms, onion, olive oil, thyme and rosemary in a mixing bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper then toss to combine. Place onto the grilling and roasting insert, placed in the universal tray.
- Place the tray into the oven on shelf level 4, cook for 15 minutes until the mushroom and onions are slightly charred and tender.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before transferring to a food processor. Blend or process with remaining ingredients until smooth. Season to taste, if needed.
- Serve the pâté on baguettes or as a dip.