600 g heirloom baby carrots, peeled, tops trimmed
80 g olive oil
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp English mustard powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp finely chopped lemon thyme
Salt flakes, to taste
Ground pepper, to taste
50 g parsley leaves, picked and washed
50 g mint leaves, picked and washed
1 tsp lemon zest
100 ml lemon juice
250 ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt flakes and pepper, to taste
100 g Persian fetta, crumbled
30 ml olive oil
2 tbsp almond flakes, toasted
2 tbsp torn parsley leaves
1. Preheat the Oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
2. Mix together oil, sugar, mustard, paprika, cumin, coriander, fennel, thyme and toss with the carrots until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a universal tray and place into the oven on shelf level 2. Cook for 20 minutes or until caramelised and tender.
1. Place parsley, mint and zest into a tall mixing jug and pulse with a stick blender until coarsely chopped.
2. Add oil and lemon juice and pulse to combine. Season with salt flakes and pepper.
- Place warmed carrots into a large serving bowl and top with crumbled fetta.
- Drizzle with olive oil and scatter almonds and parsley over the top. Serve with herb dressing.