1 large clove garlic, chopped
Sea salt flakes
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/3 cup (115 g) Seville marmalade
2 tablespoons verjuice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2kg free-range pork belly, skin removed
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using the flat of a large knife blade, crush the garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt to form a paste.
Combine the garlic paste, ginger, marmalade, verjuice and olive oil in a bowl to make the glaze.
- Place the pork belly onto a paper lined multi-purpose tray, season with pepper and salt.
Pour the glaze over the pork and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven on Moisture Plus at 130°C with 3 bursts of steam. Follows the prompts for using Moisture Plus.
- Place the pork into the oven on shelf position 2 and roast for 3 hours and 30 minutes, releasing the bursts of steam as follows:
First burst of steam: immediately
Second burst of steam: after 40 minutes
Third burst of steam: after 1hour and 20 minutes
- Remove the pork from the oven and rest for 15 minutes in a warmer drawer on food setting 3.
- Carve and serve with rapini (a peppery green vegetable that tastes somewhere between turnip and broccoli) or any other robustly flavoured green vegetable.