Fresh feijoas – as many as you have available
- Scoop out feijoa pulp and discard.
- Place clean preserving jars and lids inverted onto a perforated steam container and place in the steam oven.
- Steam at 100°C for 15 minutes to sterilise, allow to cool.
- Cut feijoas in half, pack tightly into sterilised jars and secure the lid.
- Steam at 100°C for 2 minutes and then 90°C for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Ensure all lids are sealed correctly and a vacuum has been created in the jar.
- Fruit can now be stored on a dark, cool shelf at room temperature for up to 12 months.
Hints and tips
- Feijoas’s are the perfect addition to your winter porridge.