2 egg yolks
115g caster sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour
400ml milk, full fat
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
1. Place egg, yolks, sugar and cornflour in a bowl and mix well. Gradually add the milk until custard is smooth and free of lumps.
2. Place the mixture into a pot and stir constantly over medium heat, Induction setting 6, until mixture thickens and comes
to the boil.
3. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Allow to cool. Cover with cling wrap to prevent a skin forming.
1. Pre-heat Steam Combination Oven on Intensive Bake at 180°C. Grease a non-stick mini muffin tin.
2. Cut pastry sheet into two pieces and place on top of each other. Roll the pastry tightly, from the short side, into a log and cut
the log into even sized rounds.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll each round into a 7cm disc and press into mini muffin tin.
4. Carefully spoon cooled custard mixture into each pastry case. Do not over fill.
5. Place the muffin tin into pre-heated oven on shelf position 1, releasing a burst of steam immediately and bake for 25 minutes
or until golden on top.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack.
HINTS AND TIPS
• Alternatively bake tarts using Moisture Plus at 180°C on shelf position 2.
Select: 1 Automatic burst steam and bake for 25 minutes.
• Tarts can be eaten warm or cold.