100g white miso
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
20g ginger, finely grated
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and
1/3 cup peanut oil
6 x 120g eye fillet portions
Freshly ground black pepper
Murray River sea salt to taste
Japanese mustard cabbage,
4 large leaves and stems
12 baby turnips, topped and
6 baby radishes, each cut into
Sliced red radishes and pickled
onions for garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, mustard, ginger, salt, garlic and peanut oil until smooth.
2. Mix the paste and beef fillets together, place the beef fillets into a vacuum seal bag and pour in any excess marinade. Place in the Vacuum Sealing Drawer and seal on level 3 and vacuum on level 3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, up to 1 day.
3. Place the turnips, on a perforated steam tray. Place in the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
4. Place the vacuum bag with the beef fillets on a perforated steam tray. Place in the Steam Oven and Steam at 75°C for 15 minutes. Once cooked, allow to rest in the bag for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the beef fillets from the bag, and pour the marinade and juices into a small bowl.
6. Add some hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix through until a smooth consistency is achieved. Season with lemon juice and salt.
7. Pre-heat the oven on Fan Grill at 200°C.
8. Toss the cabbage stems and turnips in a small amount of oil and salt and quickly grill the cabbage on shelf position 5 until nice and charred. You will need to watch the cooking process, as the leaves can burn very quickly.
1. Slice each beef fillet into 3–4 slices.
2. Place cabbage leaves onto a large platter, then arrange the turnips and radishes around the sliced beef.
3. Drizzle with the warm marinade and serve.