6-8 lamb shanks
2 rashers middle bacon
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons cumin
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup red wine
2 cups chicken stock
Grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
1 sprig rosemary
- Place lamb shanks in a 4 litre oven proof dish or steam container and season generously with salt and pepper. Add all other ingredients to the dish.
- Fit the grease filter in the rear of the oven. Place oven proof dish on baking and grilling rack on shelf position 1. Select combination steam, Fan plus at130⁰C + 2 hours 30 minutes + 90% moisture. Turn once half way through cooking.
- Remove casserole from oven. Remove shanks and set aside to keep warm. Pour liquid into a pan, bring to a fast simmer and skim fat and impurities.
- Remove rosemary branch and crush whole garlic cloves. Simmer and reduce until sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add shanks back to sauce and turn to coat. Serve immediately.