½ cup quinoa
½ cup freekeh
½ cup barley
½ cup currants
½ cup verjuice
½ cup almonds
1/3 cup pistachios
1/3 cup pine nuts
½ bunch continental parsley
½ bunch mint
½ bunch coriander
1 lemon, zest
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
100g Greek yoghurt
1 pomegranate, deseeded
- Combine quinoa, freekeh and barley in unperforated steam container. Add 400ml water and steam at 100˚C for 20 minutes until grains are tender and water has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- Whilst the grains are cooking, place the verjuice and currants in a small saucepan. Heat on a medium-high heat, induction setting 7, until the verjuice begins to boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the almonds, pistachios and pine nuts on a baking tray, and place in the oven on shelf position 2. Roast for 5-8 minutes or until nice and golden. Once cooked, transfer to a chopping board to cool for 5 minutes, before roughly chopping.
- Place the nuts in a large salad bowl, along with the currants and verjuice. Finely chop all of the herbs and add to the bowl, along with the lemon zest.
- Once the grains have cooked, drain off any excess liquid, and allow to cool for a few minutes before adding to the bowl with the nuts and herbs.
- Stir to combine, add the olive oil and season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish or platter, and top with some Greek yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.