450g cauliflower (1 small whole cut
1½ tsp whole cumin seeds
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp salt flakes
Cracked black pepper
Middle Eastern lamb
500g lamb backstrap (2 large)
1 tsp hickory liquid smoke
2 tsp tamari
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbs olive oil
3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
into thin ribbons on a mandolin
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs caster sugar
10g picked mint leaves
15g picked coriander leaves
Salt flakes and cracked black pepper
200g natural yoghurt
2 tbs lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
30ml olive oil
½ tsp salt flakes
Cracked black pepper to taste
Black sesame seeds to garnish
1. Blend cauliflower florets in a food processor into small pieces to resemble the texture of large rice.
2. Place cauliflower into an unperforated steam container with the remaining ingredients and Steam at 100°C for 8 minutes. Remove from Steam Oven, cover and set aside.
Middle Eastern lamb
1. Mix hickory liquid smoke, garlic, tamari cumin and olive oil together in an unperforated steam container. Coat lamb well with the marinade.
2. Place lamb into the Steam Oven once cauliflower is out. Steam at 60°C for 35 minutes. Set minute minder for 15 minutes.
1. Put lemon juice and sugar into large vacuum bag with sliced carrots and using the Vacuum Sealing Drawer, vacuum on setting 3 and seal on setting 3.
2. Place into the Steam Oven with lamb (once the minute minder has sounded) for the last 20 minutes of cooking at 60°C.
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
1. Place frying pan on high heat, Induction setting 7 and allow to get searing hot (3 to 4 minutes).
2. Add olive oil, then seal lamb until well coloured on both sides.
3. Rest lamb for a few minutes before slicing thinly.
4. Drizzle yoghurt sauce around the outside of the plate and then spoon cauliflower pilaf into the middle and arrange lamb on top.
5. Toss carrots and juice from the bag with mint and coriander and seasoning.
6. Place carrot salad on top of lamb and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Hints and tips
• Carrots can be cooked without the use of a vacuum bag. Simply toss carrots in lemon and sugar dressing and place in an unperforated steam container and steam for the same duration.