1 kangaroo loin, approximately 180g
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 pinches mountain pepper leaf
¼ teaspoon wattleseed
Murray River salt flakes
¼ teaspoon freeze dried finger lime powder
Mixed herb leaves and flower, garnish
150g rolled oats
80g unsalted butter
2 teaspoons wattleseed
1. Line a perforated Baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place oats, butter, salt and water into a medium saucepan and heat on Induction setting 7. Stir frequently for approximately 10 -12 minutes until thick.
3. Preheat oven on Intensive Bake 180°C. Pour onto the tray and using a spatula, spread evenly to a thickness of approximately 4mm. Sprinkle top evenly with wattleseed.
4. Place the tray on Shelf position 1 and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cracker is crisp and golden brown.
1. Combine mayonnaise, pepper, parsley and a pinch of salt.
2. Finely dice the kangaroo and mix well with the mayonnaise. Taste for seasoning.
1. Break the cracker into random shards. Top with a large teaspoon of kangaroo and spread slightly to flatten.
2. Cover with herbs and flowers and sprinkle with finger lime and wattleseed.
• It is important to use premium grade kangaroo for this recipe. We source our meat from Paroo Kangaroo and can be purchased through leading butchers.
• Any leftover crackers can be stored for a week in an airtight container. They’re great served with cheese and pâté.
• Native Australian spices can be purchased online or through gourmet food stores.