2 kg desiree or dutch cream potatoes
150 g duck fat, or oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
2 tsp dried sage powder
1 tbsp salt flakes
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 190°C with Crisp function on.
- Insert a skewer lengthways directly through the centre of the potato. Slice down the potato until you hit the skewer every 2mm-3mm. Slice along the potato until you have reached the other end. Remove the skewer carefully, and follow the same process for all potatoes.
- Once you have cut all the potatoes, place a casserole dish on high heat, induction setting 7, and melt the duck fat. Spoon out approximately 2 tablespoons of the duck fat and place into a small bowl.
- Add the potatoes with the cut side facing down and allow the fat to get into good contact with the potatoes.
Flip the potatoes over and spoon the hot fat over the potatoes to completely cover each potato.
- Add the garlic, and herbs to the bowl with the reserved duck fat, along with the salt flakes and pour over the top of the potatoes, try to evenly distribute the mix as best as possible.
- Place the potatoes into the oven, depending on the size of the potatoes, roast for 40-70 minutes, or until nice and crispy.
- Depending on the size of the potato, roast from 40-70 minutes or until nice and crispy.
Hints and tips
- Any fresh potatoes will work well for this recipe. King Edward and Golden delight would be great substitutes.