2 cups basmati rice
2 brown onions, sliced
1 tbs salt flakes
1 bunch coriander, root and stems
chopped, leaves reserved
185g Xec Xec curry paste
300ml coconut water
330ml coconut cream
2 green chillies, halved and deseeded
1 tsp fish sauce
8 x 125g rockling fillets
Cucumber oil, for garnish
Coconut sambal, optional
1. Place the rice into an unperforated steam container and add 500ml of water. Steam at 100°C for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a deep frying pan on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7. Melt the ghee and add the sliced onions. Cook the onions until softened and starting to caramelise, add the salt.
3. Once caramelised, add the coriander stems and root and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the curry paste and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant and the paste begins to split. Reduce the heat to medium, Induction setting 5.
5. Add the coconut water, stir gently until combined, then bring to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 8. Follow with the
coconut cream and return to a boil.
6. Add the chillies and season with the fish sauce. Remove from the heat and set aside.
7. Once the rice is cooked, leave inside the Steam Oven. Add the fish fillets to the curry sauce, and stir carefully to coat the
fish. Place the fish into the Steam Oven and steam at 95°C for 5 minutes.
1. Spoon rice into bowls, top with a fish fillet and a few spoonful’s of the curry sauce.
2. Add a few drops of cucumber oil and some coriander leaves.
Hints and tips
• Xec Xec is a traditionally made Goan curry paste made with turmeric, purchased from speciality supermarkets and grocers.
• Curry sauce can be made and frozen for up to 3 months.