750-800g fresh apples*
1/4 cup caster sugar, optional
200g fresh blueberries*
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter
1/2 cup rolled oats
½ cup pecan kernels, chopped
- Peel, quarter and slice apples or prepare alternative fruit. Place in a greased microwave/oven safe flan dish (approx. 27cm). Sprinkle over the caster sugar.
- Place dish in the oven on the glass tray positioned on shelf position 1. Cook on Microwave 850W for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl to prepare crumble topping. Rub in butter, and then stir in rolled oats and pecans.
- Sprinkle blueberries and crumble topping over the fruit. Change function to Microwave + Fan grill, 300W and 180°C and cook for 10 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving crumble with cream or yoghurt.
Hints and tips
- Apples can be substituted with pears, apricots, peaches or similar firm fruits
Blueberries can be substituted with raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or bananas.