500g plain flour
3½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp seeds (e.g. sesame and poppy seeds)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Rest for 30 minutes on the bench at room temperature.
- Heavily flour the bench, as it’s a sticky dough.
- Divide into 10 balls and roll 5mm thick, sprinkle with seeds and roll them into the dough.
- Heat a heavy pan on medium heat, induction setting 5 or the Miele griddle plate and allow to heat for 3 minutes. Turn heat up to high, induction setting 8 and allow to heat for another 3 minutes.
- When the pan is hot, cook breads for 3 minutes a side until blistered and charred.
- Eat with anything! We brushed ours with garlic butter and melted cheese on top.
- Extras can be frozen for another time and even used as a quick pizza base.