|400g bread flour100g spelt flour
8g dried instant yeast
4g bread improver
5g brown sugar
Pinch of salt
150g dried figs, sliced thickly
100g walnuts, chopped roughly
- Place all dry ingredients except figs and walnuts into the bowl of an electric mixer with a dough hook attached.
- Add the liquid ingredients and run on low speed until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Around 2 minutes).
- Add the figs and walnuts, mix until well combined into dough. Knead lightly on a floured bench, shape into a rough ball and place into a large greased bowl. Cover with cling film.
- Place into an Oven set to Conventional 40°C and prove until doubled in size (around 1 hour)
- Once proved, knock dough back, divide in half and shape into two long loaves. Place onto a baking tray sprinkled with flour. Slash the tops of the loaves with a sharp knife.
- Place back into Oven and choose: Automatic > Bread > Baguettes. Follow the prompts on screen.
- Allow the bread to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- H5000 Ovens produce a very dark crust, the lowest browning setting is often the most appropriate. H6000 Ovens produce very accurate browning so choose the browning level that best suits your requirements.
- If you are making this bread by hand it will require kneading for around 10 minutes.
- If you do not have an automatic program, refer to your manual – see the baking chart. Cooking time is approximately 30 – 40 minutes depending on desired browning.