350ml thickened cream
200ml full cream milk
2 whole eggs
100g white sugar
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl or blender and blend until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the custard mixture into sterilised jars, secure the lids and place onto a perforated steam tray.
- Place into the steam oven and Steam at 85°C for 1 hour.
- Remove from the steam oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, the custard can be used immediately or stored in the jar in the fridge and chilled for later use.
Hints and tips
- Add marmelades, fruit compotes and jam to the bottom of jars for flavoured variations.