100 ml strong espresso coffee
200 g dark chocolate
200 ml pouring cream
100 g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
330 g caster sugar
125 ml water
130 g brown sugar
300 ml pouring cream
Crumbled Amaretti biscuit, to garnish
- Melt the chocolate with the coffee, cream and sugar in a saucepan, Induction setting 3. Remove from the heat.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature and whisk in the egg yolks. Pour the mixture into 8 lightly greased aluminium moulds.
- Place the moulds into a perforated steam container and cover tightly with tin foil. Steam at 90°C for 30 minutes, or until budinos have set.
- Remove from the steam oven and allow to cool.
- Place the caster sugar and water into a saucepan and stir over a low heat, induction setting 3, until the sugar dissolves, approximately 10 minutes.
- Using a wet pastry brush, brush down the sides of the saucepan to dissolve any sugar crystals.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, increase to a medium high heat, Induction setting 7, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to induction setting 5 and simmer uncovered, without stirring for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns a light golden colour.’
- Remove from the heat and using a wooden spoon stir in the brown sugar, then the cream (careful, it may splutter), until well combined.
- Return to medium heat, induction setting 5 and cook for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Turn the budinos out onto a plate and pour the caramel sauce over the top. Serve with some crumbled Amaretti biscuit.