100ml strong espresso coffee
200g dark chocolate
200ml pouring cream
100g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
330g caster sugar
130g brown sugar
300ml pouring cream
Crumbled Amaretti biscuit, to garnish
- 1. Melt the chocolate with the coffee, cream and sugar in a saucepan, Induction setting 3. Remove from the heat.
2. Cool the mixture to room temperature and whisk in the egg yolks. Pour the mixture into 8 lightly greased aluminium moulds.
3. Place the moulds onto a Perforated steam tray and cover tightly with tin foil. Steam at 90°C for 30 minutes
or until Budinos has set.
4. Remove from the Steam Oven and leave to cool.
- 1. Place the caster sugar and water into a saucepan and stir over a low heat, Induction setting 3, until the sugar dissolves,
approximately 10 minutes.
2. Using a wet pastry brush, brush down the sides of the saucepan to dissolve any sugar crystals.
3. Once the sugar has dissolved, increase to a medium high heat, Induction setting 7, and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce to heat, Induction setting 5 and simmer uncovered, without stirring for 10 minutes or until the mixture
turns a light golden colour.
5. Remove from the heat and using a wooden spoon stir in the brown sugar, then the cream (careful, it may splutter),
until well combined.
6. Return to a medium heat, Induction setting 5 and cook for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 1. Turn Budino out onto a plate and pour the caramel sauce over the top. Serve with some crumbled Amaretti biscuit.