1 cup chia seeds
1½ cups water
½ cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup dried blueberries
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 cup quinoa flakes
½ cup pepita seeds
½ cup chopped nuts
1 cup shredded coconut
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
- Place chia seeds, water, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste in a solid steam tray and cover. Steam at 100˚C for 8 minutes.
- Stir ingredients until mixed well. Leave to cool.
- Add the dry ingredients –quinoa, pepitas, nuts, coconut, sesame seeds and cinnamon.
- Stir to bind ingredients. Add a little extra water if mixture is a little dry, if the recipe is too wet, add extra chia seeds.
- Place into a 20cm x 30cm tin, lined with baking paper. Wet the back of a spoon to smooth out the mix and to spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes. 25 minutes will give you a chewy bar and any longer will provide a crunchier consistency.
- Leave to cool and cut into bars.