220g all-purpose flour
70g Dutch cocoa powder
11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
125g unsalted butter
220g light brown sugar
100g icing sugar
1 chai tea bag or 5g loose chai
1. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix to combine.
2. In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. On low speed, add the flour mixture and beat gently until the mixture forms a soft dough.
5. Place tea from the tea bag into a food processor and process until fine. Add the icing sugar and pulse to combine.
5. Place the spiced icing sugar into a medium sized bowl.
6. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
7. Roll the dough into 10g balls and toss in the spiced icing sugar to coat heavily. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8. Bake for 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
HINTS AND TIPS
- These biscuits can be prepared the day ahead and chilled ready on a baking tray. Cover the tray with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator. Let stand on the bench for 10 minutes before baking.