170g butter, chilled, cut into cubes
250g plain flour, sieved
Good pinch cayenne pepper
150g strong-flavoured cheddar, finely grated
1. Place butter and flour into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper and grated cheese and blitz until just combined.
3. Remove from the food processor and knead slightly forming a ball. If the mixture is too dry, add a little water.
4. Divide the mixture in four and roll into a sausage shape, with a diameter of approximately 2.5cm-3cm.
5. Brush with water and then roll the biscuit mixture in Nigella seeds to coat. Wrap sausage in cling film or baking paper and refrigerate until firm.
6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Slice 8mm discs off the dough and place on the tray, leaving space between the biscuits.
7. Place in the oven on Fan Plus at 180°C on shelf position 2 and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
Hints & Tips
• The biscuit dough can be frozen in a roll or in the cut discs.