170g butter, chilled, cut into cubes
250g plain flour, sieved
Good pinch cayenne pepper
150g strong-flavoured cheddar, finely grated
1. Place butter and flour into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper and grated cheese and blitz until just combined.
3. Remove from the food processor and knead slightly forming a ball. If the mixture is too dry, add a little water.
4. Divide the mixture in four and roll into a sausage shape, with a diameter of approximately 2.5cm-3cm.
5. Brush with water and then roll the biscuit mixture in Nigella seeds to coat. Wrap sausage in cling film or baking paper
and refrigerate until firm.
6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Slice 8mm discs off the dough and place on the tray, leaving space between
7. Place in the oven on Fan Plus at 180°C on shelf position 2 and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
Hints & Tips
• The biscuit dough can be frozen in a roll or in the cut discs.